I'm worried about becoming a victim of cheque fraud, what can I do to protect myself?
The below actions can help protect you against becoming a victim of cheque fraud:
- Don’t accept cheques from people you don’t know and/or trust
- Be aware that money credited to your account from a stolen or counterfeit cheque could be reclaimed
- Consider safer forms of payment such as a CHAPS payment (a guaranteed, same-day bank transfer)
- Always keep your chequebook in a safe place
- Report any missing cheques to us immediately to enable us to apply a 'Stop' against the missing cheque numbers
- Always check your bank statements carefully for suspicious or unknown transactions
How helpful did you find this article?
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.