I'm worried about becoming a victim of cheque fraud, what can I do to protect myself?
The below actions can help protect you against becoming a victim of cheque fraud:
- Don’t accept cheques from people you don’t know and/or trust
- Be aware that money credited to your account from a stolen or counterfeit cheque could be reclaimed
- Consider safer forms of payment such as a CHAPS payment (a guaranteed, same-day bank transfer)
- Always keep your chequebook in a safe place
- Report any missing cheques to us immediately to enable us to apply a 'Stop' against the missing cheque numbers
- Always check your bank statements carefully for suspicious or unknown transactions
How helpful did you find this article?