What's the best type of memorable word?
The best memorable word is memorable but safe.
For your security, we’ll regularly prompt you to change your memorable word.
Your memorable word can:
- Be from six to eight characters with no spaces.
- Contain letters and numbers (both is more secure)
We strongly recommend you:
- Don’t use your date of birth
- Don’t use the date of birth of a relative
- Don’t make your memorable word the same as your username or passcode
- Memorise your password
- Never disclose your password
- Never change your memorable word when in a public place like an Internet café
Our staff will never ask you for your memorable word.
When you log in to Online Banking, you will only ever be asked for two digits from your memorable word.
The only time you’ll be asked for your memorable word in full is when you change your memorable word online.
Please take care to never type your memorable word into an email, or into any web page that doesn’t have the secured lock or key icon in the browser.
How helpful did you find this article?
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.