How long will it take to set up a Standing Order?
From receipt of the instruction, it should take 2 working days to set up your Standing Order Mandate.
There are a number of options available to clients who need to set up a Sterling Standing Order:
|Via Online Banking
You can self-serve via Online Banking by completing the following steps:
On your Online Banking Screen:
1. Navigate to Move Money
2. Click on Set up a standing order
3. Choose the account you want to make the payment from
4. Select Pay someone new
5. Follow the on screen instructions to set up a new standing order
You will need to be logged in with PINsentry to set up a new payee. If you logged in with your passcode and memorable word you will be prompted to authenticate yourself with PINsentry.
|Via Mobile Banking
New standing order with new payee
- On your Mobile Banking home screen, tap ‘Pay & Transfer’.
- Tap ‘Manage your payments’ > 'Manage Standing Orders’
- Tap on the account you want to set the standing order up from.
- Tap ‘New Standing Order’ > ‘Add new payee’
- Enter the account name, sort code and account number
- Tap ‘Continue’
- Enter the amount and reference
- Tap and enter the start date and how often you would like the Standing Order to be repeated
- Tap ‘Review standing order’
- Tap ‘OK’
- Tap on the payment purpose.
- The fraud and scams message will now be displayed (the information will differ depending on the payment purpose selected). Tick the box to say you have a read and understood.
- Tap ‘Continue’
- Scroll up to review the standing order details
- Tap and enter the 3-digit security code on the back of your card and the expiry date of the card
- Tap ‘Confirm’
New standing order with existing payee
- On your Mobile Banking home screen, tap 'Pay & Transfer
- Tap 'Manage your payments' > 'Manage Standing Orders'
- Tap the account you would like to make the standing order from
- Tap 'New standing order'
- Tap 'To' & enter the payee you would like to pay the standing order to
- Enter the amount for the regular payment then tap 'Done'
- Tap 'Start date' & scroll through to select the start date then tap 'Done'
- Tap 'Repeat' & select from the options listed
- Tap 'Continue until' & select from the options listed
- If you want the first payment to differ from the usual payment, then tick the box to confirm the first payment is different
- Enter the 'First payment amount' and the amount you wish to send then tap 'Done'
- Enter the 'First payment date' & scroll through to select the first payment date then tap 'Done'
- If you want to make your final payment different from your regular payment, you should tick the box (Note: Not applicable on the 'continue until I change my setting' option)
- Enter the 'Final payment amount' then tap 'Done'
- Tap 'Final payment date' & scroll through and select the final payment date then tap 'Done'
- Tap 'Review standing order'
- Tap 'OK'
- Tap 'Confirm payment'
Use our International toll free number +800 800 88885**
Please call us on +44 (0) 1624 684444 from within the British Isles and Crown Dependencies.
One of our agents will be happy to help you.
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Top questions within Payments