How can I add an account set?
The Add account set screen enables a system administrator to create an Account set by choosing from a list of accounts that are not currently allocated to an account set.
Accounts in Barclays Online Banking must be allocated to Account sets before they can be made available to client administrators.
Adding a new account set
To add a new account set:
- Click on Add account set from Groups.
- Enter the name for the new account set in the Account set name field box.
- Choose from the unallocated accounts by selecting the appropriate check box.
When the Add account set screen is first displayed, a list of all accounts for the corporate client that are not currently allocated to an account set are displayed.
- Click on Submit to save the details.
All mandatory fields need to be completed as you will not be able to save any changes if fields are incomplete or in the wrong format.
- a. If dual authorisation is used within your organisation, no further action is required. The newly created account set should now have a Creation pending status and must now be approved by another system administrator using the Approve Changes option.
- b. If Sole authorisation is used within your organisation, the Barclays e-signer confirmation window will be displayed for authorisation.
If all the details in the window are correct; click on Confirm to continue. Please enter your PIN when prompted. Once this has been verified the account status should show an “active” status and can be used immediately.
If any of the details are incorrect, select the cancel button. This will cancel the creation of the account set, clear all the details entered and display the View account set screen.
Filtering the list
To limit the number of items displayed, products/accounts can be restricted by filtering on account name, account type and account currency.
To limit the display to products/accounts with a particular name, enter the account name or part name with wildcard character (*) to search for a string of characters. Use (?) to search for a single character.
If you enter “*do*” as the string, the results would include ‘Paul McDonald’, ‘Janet Dobson’, ‘Donna Smith’.
If you enter s?ith* as a string, the results would include ‘Smith’, ’Swithins’ or ‘Smithson’.
About account sets
Accounts in Barclays Online banking must be allocated to Account Sets before they can be made available to Client Administrators.
Account sets would typically be organised in one of the following ways:
- By Client – all accounts for an individual client could be assigned to an Account set representing the client’s portfolio
- By Department – e.g. an Account set could be produced for just the Accounts Department
- By Currency – e.g. all Dollar accounts could be assigned to a single Account set
The View Balances screen in Barclays Online Banking provides balance information on all account in an Account set and a consolidated balance for all accounts in the set. To make an Account Set available to a Client Administrator, a System Administrator must allocate the set to a Group and assign the Group to the user.
How helpful did you find this article?
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.