How can I keep my passcodes, PINs and memorable words safe?
To keep your security information safe:
- Never give personal or account details to anyone who contacts you unexpectedly – even if they claim to be from the Police, or from Barclays.
- If suspicious, call the individual back via that organisation’s switchboard
- Don’t use the same password for more than one account
- Never use banking passwords for other websites
- Never record or store your passcodes, or PINs, in your wallet or on your person
Be suspicious of emails that ask for your personal details – they’re often from fraudsters
How helpful did you find this article?
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.