Somebody who lives outside of the UK (Isle of Man or Channel Islands) would like to send me some money, what information do I need to give them?
You’ll need to provide the sender with some details.
- Your bank sort code number
- Your account number and/or your IBAN. Your IBAN can be found on the top right hand corner of both your paper statement and online statement.
- Full name
- Bank number / SWIFT ID – for Barclays UK, including Isle of Man and Channel Islands, the SWIFT ID is BARCGB22
- Amount you require
- Currency in which you would like to receive the money
- Agree who is going to pay the fees (There may be a fee to both send and receive funds)
Q1) Is the payment being sent from, Europe, Bahrain, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates?
A) In this instance the sender will need to include the IBAN and SWIFT ID. Failure to do so could result in the payment not being successfully transferred, or extra charges incurred.
Q2) Is the payment being sent from America, or in US dollars?
A) There may be other requirements. Please Contact Us to confirm.
How helpful did you find this article?
Thank you for leaving some feedback
Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback. We will use this information to improve our service.
Sorry this didn't answer your question
Please take a moment to leave some feedback, using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.
Thank you for your rating
Please tell us why you found it useful using the form below. PLEASE NOTE: Do not include any personal or account details: we cannot answer specific questions about your account.